When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
iStock; Gilbert Espinoza/Business Insider
- This year, the holiday travel period overlaps with a possible second wave of COVID-19, as well as cold and flu season.
- Many will be left wondering: is it safe to travel for the holidays? Or perhaps more importantly, should I travel?
- If you’re considering visiting family or taking an end of year vacation, there are key risks to consider before you hit book.
- We asked three doctors, a microbiologist, and a travel pro for their expert assessments of holiday travel risks, safer choices, and how to protect yourself and others when traveling.
- Read more: Is travel safe? We interviewed experts on risks associated with flying, booking hotels or Airbnbs, renting cars, and more, plus ideas on safe vacations during COVID-19.
After months of quarantine, both mandated and self-imposed, most people