The Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (3-0) pay a visit to the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns (3-0) in midweek Sun Belt Conference action. The Chanticleers and Cajuns are slated to tangle at Cajun Field in Lafayette, La., on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET. We analyze the Coastal Carolina-Louisiana-Lafayette college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
Coastal Carolina at Louisiana-Lafayette: Betting odds and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Tuesday at 7:20 a.m. ET.
- Money line : Coastal Carolina +195 | Louisiana-Lafayette -250
- Against the spread/ATS : Coastal Carolina +7.5 (-121) | Louisiana-Lafayette -7.5 (-100)
- Over/Under : 58.5 (O: -115 | U: -106)
Coastal Carolina atLouisiana-Lafayette:Three things to know
1. One wouldn’t have expected it in the offseason, but this mid-October tussle between Sun Belt foes is likely for a top-25 slot in national rankings. When the Cajuns defeated Iowa State by two scores (31-14) on Sept. 12, Louisiana was tabbed as a top-25 program for the first time since 1943 when the school was known as Southwestern Louisiana Institute. ULL has won twice in as many games since, and the Ragin’ Cajuns are ranked No. 21 in this week’s Amway Coaches Poll powered by USA Today Sports. Coastal Carolina is undefeated, with three multi-score wins on the season. That includes a road win against a Big-12 foe (Kansas). The Chanticleers received votes in this week’s Amway Coaches Poll.
2. Louisiana has played the better schedule and has a better defense to send into this contest. But don’t sleep on the efficient Coastal Carolina passing game, and a freshman-led aerial attack could keep CCU close. QB Grayson McCall has completed 66.7% (42-for-63) of his passes and has tossed nine touchdown passes against just three interceptions.
3. HC Jamey Chadwell, a two-time FCS National Coach of the Year finalist and three-time Big South Coach of the Year, takes his Chanticleers to Lafayette with revenge on their mind. ULL drilled Coastal Carolina, 48-7, in Conway, S.C. The Cajuns went 9-for-11 on third downs and more than doubled up the Chanticleers in total yards, 564-236.
Get some action on this game or any other matchup with a legal, online bet at BetMGM in CO, IN, NJ and WV. Risk-free first bet up to $500, paid in free bets. Terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Coastal Carolina atLouisiana-Lafayette:Odds, betting lines and picks
Louisiana-Lafayette 31, Coastal Carolina 24
Money line (ML)
Respect the market here. PASS on the money line, which figures to bracket the appropriate win odds on each side.
Against the spread (ATS)
Louisiana’s season-opening win over Iowa State gets more impressive with each passing Cyclone victory since. But the Ragin’ Cajuns come into this contest off back-to-back off weeks, and their second and third wins were certainly not game-control masterpieces.
Coastal has a strong enough front-seven to keep the ULL offense on its heels early. The Chanticleers have been adept at controlling the clock and being efficient and ahead of schedule on offense. CCU is 6-3 ATS over its last nine games; MAKE A PLAY ON THE CHANTICLEERS to stay close in this one. So, take the seven-and-a-hook (and it look to pull the trigger before that half point goes the other way).
New to sports betting? A $10 bet on Coastal Carolina +7.5 (-121) profits $8.26.
Peg this one as a close game at halftime and into the third. The teams can game-control the final into low numbers. BACK THE UNDER 58.5 (-106).
Want some action in this one? Place a bet atBetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.